- Fill the Osmoprep prescription at your pharmacy.
- On the day before the colonoscopy, you must consume only clear liquids* as noted below for the entire day. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, except for a sip of water with medications on the morning of the procedure if instructed.
- OsmoPrep consists of taking 2 series of tablets with a clear liquid of your choice.
- Beginning between 3:30pm to 5:30 pm, take one dose (swallow 4 tablets and drink 8oz of any clear liquid) every 15 minutes for a total of 5 doses (20 tablets). This is the first series of tablets.
- Beginning between 9 and 11pm, take one dose (swallow 4 tablets and drink 8oz of any clear liquid) every 15 minutes for a total of 3 doses (12 tablets). This is the second series of tablets. There should be no more than 6 hours between the first and second series.
- After the prep solution has been consumed, you may drink additional clear liquids as desired until midnight. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to the procedure, except for a sip of water with morning medications if instructed.
*CLEAR LIQUIDS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Clear Broth or Bouillon, no noodles or solids
- Water, tea, black coffee (no creamer or milk, but a sweetener is okay)
- Carbonated soft drinks (Sprite, Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc.)
- Popsicles (no red colors)
- Apple juice or other clear juices without pulp (no orange juice)
- Jell-O (no red colors)
- Gatorade or other sports drinks
- Hard candies (Life Savers, lemon drops, Jolly Ranchers)
No milk, creamy soups, or alcohol should be consumed.